- Bike and kayak in the God’s own country of South India
- Get to see the backwaters, its meandering canals, the birds and people life
- Local food is an integral part of this trip
Ride along the coast of Kerala on a bike and kayak in the backwaters! The mix of beautiful places to stay and the combination of bike and kayak will make this short tour a memorable one for you.
- All hotels, as mentioned in the tour details (subject to availability)
- Meals as per itinerary
- On each trip guests are given the opportunity to dine on their own so that they discover a location independently. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
- A Van support that follows throughout the trip and carries all belongings
- Bike with helmet
- Expert Trip Leader(s) who look after your every need
- Refreshments & mineral water while cycling
- Entrance fees to most of the monuments and temples. Please check your itinerary here.
- Domestic train or air travel (if part of tour itinerary)
Meet the Local Specialist
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from the trip including airfare or train travel
- Airport pickup and airport drop
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included (check your itinerary)
- Gratuities for your Trip Leader(s) are not included in your trip price. Industry standard is 7.5-10% of your trip price for the guide team. Local currency is preferred and unless you want to tip separately, guides will divide tips amongst themselves.
- Normally, we suggest an amount of US $10-15 per person per day for biking guide, $5-7/person/day for driver and about $2-3/person/day put in the Kitty for other local service at tour hotels and group meals and for local culture/nature guide(s).
- If your group size is more than 4 people then you can also take above suggestion as per couple instead of per person.
- Finally, please tip your guides at your discretion, based on their level of professionalism, guest care and service as it varies in good deal from one culture to another. Above is a recommendation as per industry standard and outlook.
- For a particular country that you are traveling to, please get in touch with your tour consultant to understand local tipping guidelines.
Cochin(Kochi, COK) has direct connecting flights via Middle East & few destinations in Southeast Asia. Domestic flights can be connected to Cochin either from Mumbai or Bangalore.
Meeting time and Location:
On day 1, meet your trip leader, 08:30am at your hotel. We recommend to do bike fit at least a day before departure. If you plan to arrive early, please contact your trip consultant for a list of suggested hotels at Kochi, if required. It is good to pick a hotel in Fort Kochi area.
Day 1: Kochi to Kumarakom
Caught between the backwaters and Arabian sea, this is simply the best rural biking trail combined with village life experiences around Kochi. It’s a day-cycle ride that lets you feel the charm of simple Keralan backwater villages. We ride through vast paddy fields, fish farms, coconut tree canopies to reach one of the backwater edges. Learn about fish farming, traditional boat making and other local traditions. A beautiful ride today takes us near to spectacular Vembanad Lake.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Distance cycled: ~ 40km/24mi
Day 2: Alleppey
Enjoy stunning vistas in all directions. Small canals, country canoes, fisherman throwing nets into the water, a coconut climber climbing up the coconut tree, women working in the rice fields, all come into scene one after the other. We ride to the lowest altitude region in India called Kuttanad, known as rice bowl of Kerala.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Distance cycled : ~ 40km / 24mi*
Day 3: Ezhupunna
We step into a kayak today. Soon you will be kayaking the backwaters, through inland canals, with people living very close to the water edges. See the village life in action and hear the stories from our local guide. Enjoy a simple lunch. We reach the beautiful backwaters countryside of Ezhupunna today.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Kayaking : 4 hours sunrise tour, starting 06:30am
Day 4: Fort Kochi
Today morning we cycle back to Kochi and tour ends as we reach Fort Kochi by afternoon.
Distance cycled: ~ 25km / 15mi
*with shuttle – short transfers